Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Never Enough Time

It has now been months since I have even had a chance to sit down and put an update on my blog.  It is funny how summer vacation ends and the race always begin.  The race I refer to is the race in life where their is never enough time in the day to accomplish the things we want to.  Here is a very brief over view of the last few months.

Nathan and I celebrated 15 years of marriage on September 5.  We were able to enjoy a nice dinner at the Twentynine Palms Inn, the following day we were able to attend the Redlands temple.  The ultimate goal is to have a weekend getaway without the kids.  I hope to accomplish this before next Anniversary.

The Soccer season took off is full swing in September with all three kids playing this year.  Nathan was able to coach Sam's and Tim's teams.  Emma, Rick, Tim and Lindsay all coached Sariah's team.  I would add this, Sariah spent more time chasing butterflies and crying then playing soccer.  I think she won't be playing soccer anytime soon, I think she would have a good career in theatre with the show she put on this season.  Sam played up an age division this year, even though I fought it.  He is already small for his age and I had concerns.  I had to eat some humble pie, as he did awesome and is moving on to the All-Star game.  Timothy had a great season as a defender and a rover. Timothy is also moving on to the All-star game.   This is the one sport that both Timothy and Samuel love. I am happy and sad the season is over.






Sometimes when you think you have all that you juggle more is added to your plate.  In September I was called to serve as First Counselor in the Young Women's organization at church.  We have 7 am meetings on Saturdays, Wednesday night activities and various activities on Sundays.  I have already learned and grown so much strength from these young ladies.

I have been volunteering in Samuel's fourth grade classroom on Mondays and on Tuesdays and Thursdays I volunteer at the Navy Marine Corp Relief Society.  I received Volunteer of the quarter at the Navy Marine Corp Relief Society for Summer 2013.  I also had the opportunity to attend Advance Caseworker Seminar at Coronado Island for three days.  I love the opportunity to serve the military and their families.


The kids this year for Halloween were able to go to a pumpkin party at the Pratt house and then go Trunk or treating at both the church and the school.  Sariah was very excited to dress up as Cinderella.  Sam on the other hand just wanted to wear his soccer jersey and be a soccer player.  





1 comment: