Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Time has passed by fast

Time has passed by so quickly since I last updated the blog.  We had a great visit to Utah at Thanksgiving.  We were able to meet Bradley and Jennifer and had a great time.  Jennifer and I even did some black Friday shopping.  I was able to spend some great quality time with all my brothers and sister.  I would later learn that the time I spent with my brother would be the last time I would see him:(  We enjoyed our Christmas break and enjoyed spending  most of it at home.  Timothy participated in a soccer tournament in Loma Linda, CA.  We went to wonder lights at the living desert and stayed in Palm Springs for a few days.

Sariah turned 7 in January.  It is hard to believe she is that old already.  We enjoyed watching Timothy play soccer all month long.  We even traveled around a little to watch some away games.  In February I received the sad news that my brother passed away.  I was volunteering at the Navy Relief and am so glad that I had so many wonderful people by my side.  I flew home to be with my two beautiful nieces, nephew and sister in law.  Nothing in life really prepares you to say good bye to your little brother and friend.  He had called me the night before and told me he loved me very much.  He was always there for me and was the best Uncle a kid could have.  The kids have so many memories with him.  He bought a swing set that they have all played on over the years.  He went to Tiijuana with us, he came and took the kids off roading in the Joshua Tree National Park.  He came when Sariah was just a few weeks old with his wife and daughter.  I have so many great memories of my brother and I will continue to hold those memories close to my heart.  Life is short, take the time today to let all you love know that you love them .

No comments:

Post a Comment