Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Family Trials

I've always liked the quote "The Rainbow of God's Promises is always above the trials and storms of life."  It wasn't until this weekend that I really saw the truth of this play out.  I think that people have the tendency to believe that blood relation is what a family is all about.  I have now seen that sometimes people take that for granted and feel they can do whatever they want and it will not matter because of the blood that relates them.

It was good for our little family this weekend to learn some horrible and awful truths about how our family has been treated behind our back.  It was hard at first, but after the tears (storm) left we saw a shining rainbow.  We are surrounded by so many wonderful people, who may not be linked to us by blood, but they love and treat us like were family.   We also were able to recognize how lucky we are to have each other.  We have so much to be grateful for as a family.  

Our kids do some of the funniest things.  We went to Denny's Monday night and it was fun to see how the kids laugh and joke with each other.  I have been so happy to see Sam as he learns the guitar, he played me Ode to Joy and Brother John.  I was very happy for Timothy this last week as he was recognized for straight A's this semester, he also had all O's for citizenship.  Timothy is very self motivated, he makes me proud.  It is amazing that in a years time Sariah went from not talking to having a clear conversation with anyone she meets. I am happy to see the High School Soccer season come to a close and to finally have my husband home.  I miss him when he is so busy, I think it is because he is not only my husband but he is also my best friend.  I love spending time with him!  I have been busy volunteering on base and truly enjoy serving our service men and women.  We have so much to be grateful for and know that the Lord will continue to pour out many more blessings as we follow his will in all we say and do.         




2 comments:

  1. Love this post. Count your blessings and no regrets. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "sometimes people take that for granted and feel they can do whatever they want and it will not matter because of the blood that relates them. "

    This reminded me of something that I read about parent - child relations. Sometimes children can say the most awful things to their parents when they are upset because they know, deep down, that they will still be loved. This may not have any relation to your situation, but your post just reminded me of that.

    ReplyDelete