We had the opportunity to go to the pinewood derby with Sam. He had his Uncle Nelson help him build his car. Timothy also got to enter a car in the open division, and Uncle Nelson helped him as well. Sariah got to race a pink car with her friend Angie. It is always interesting to watch the kids as they race their cars. We got to the race in what I thought to be plenty of time to way the cars in and get ready. We found upon arrival that Sam's car was over weight by .1 of an oz. Thankfully I packed a power Drill in the back of the van and proceeded to drill the metal out of the bottom of the car. We made it in just the right amount of time. I was proud to see the smile on Sam's face as he took first place and will be going on to the regional. I laughed when Tim got beat by a girl and her pink car. Sariah and Angie got last place but Sariah was still very proud of her pink car and ready to eat dessert. I have enjoyed watching Sam in this scout experience.
All the boys at the Pinewood derby with their cars. Sam in the front row with his winning green car.
Samuel just after he won first place.
Sariah just after getting back from the drinking fountain, I don't think she got much in her mouth. She is happy to be with her losing pink car!!!
I guess this is how a Princess eats dessert!!
All the boys at the Pinewood derby with their cars. Sam in the front row with his winning green car.
Samuel just after he won first place.
Sariah just after getting back from the drinking fountain, I don't think she got much in her mouth. She is happy to be with her losing pink car!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment