Monday, February 16, 2015

My Grandfather

I received the news last night that my Grandpa passed away.  I have spent the last several day reflecting on the influence that my grandpa had on my life.  I was very blessed to live very close to my grandparents.  My grandpa was a farmer and taught me the importance of hard work when I would go and help him in the orchards at a young age.  He loved to tease me and I would tease him back.  I spent many Saturday's as a child at the farmers market selling fruit with my grandfather.  It was always a special treat to go to Denny's with him on the way home.  He taught me through example how a loving marriage should be with how he treated and respected my Grandma.  He was a great example of someone who loved the Lord and served him faithfully through Temple service.  I am so proud to be his granddaughter and will always love him.  The most important thing was I ALWAYS knew that my grandpa loved me.  I have been hurting because I have always wanted this same relationship for my kids with their grandparents and they have had this in my parents.  I continue to pray that one day their other grandparents will show them this same kind of unconditional love.  Nothing can ever replace the love of a grandparent.  My heart is aching.
                                             Pictures taken June 2014 during visit to Utah!

1 comment:

  1. So sorry for your loss! :( Love those pictures, your family is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete