Sunday, August 12, 2012

Day 13: On the road/ Temples/ Oregon Vortex

                                                                                                         August 12, 2012

I have to say traveling with three kids can sometimes prove to be a challenge especially when one of them is three years old and cute.  We decided we needed to get on the road a little earlier today since we had 340 miles to go to reach Vancuver, WA.  We were unable to make it to church because it started to late in the day.  We decided to drive to Medford, OR and sit on the temple grounds and have our own little church lesson, on keeping covenants with the Lord.  The kids enjoyed it because it was about Baptism and the Priesthood which both of the boys experienced this year.

 After that we headed to the Oregon Vortex and House of Mystery (suggested by a good friend).  The kids loved it and were completely amazed and shocked as were Nathan and I.  I'm still thinking about it.  I will post pictures of it.  It was crazy to see that you would appear taller just by moving to a different spot and watching things roll up hill, crazy!!  I actually got a little queasy in the house as did Sariah.  We then headed down the road and enjoyed lunch at Quiznos.  It was funny cause Sam said "Mom you know a lot of people on the trip", I said no I don't,he said you sure are talking like you know them.  I guess I tend to be friendly everywhere I go.  The whole staff at Quiznos said bye and have a fun trip when we left.  Both Nathan and I wanted to go to Crater lake, but looked at the mileage and decided we would probably all "Crater" before we got to the hotel if we did.

I drove the next several hours while everyone took two plus hour naps.  I enjoyed listening to prime country on xm radio and driving through all the trees.  As I was listening to all the songs I realized how blessed I am to have such a good husband and three wonderful kids.  I also thought while listening to the song by Tim Mcgraw how glad I am for all the events in my life that influenced Nathan and I to go on this trip and make the most of our lives while we can.  I also enjoyed the song by Martina McBride "Loves the only house."  It's funny because Nathan has gotten upset with me a few times on the trip as I have given homeless food or money and I have told him I can't judge I just have to love.  After hearing the song, he said wow Solinda you may be right. I also thought of people I met or am friends with who are from all the areas we have been driving through.  That is the great thing about living where we do, you make good friends from all over the country.  Soon after that we got stopped in traffic for a very long time because of an accident, everybody was wanting to get mad, I suggested that instead lets pray for all who have been in the accident.  After we were done with the prayer the mood changed.

 We soon were able to stop and see the Portland, OR temple.  It is so so Pretty, it pops out at you on the I-5 and you can't miss it.  We went to the new visitor center and watch a tear jerking movie on families.  The little boy almost falls off a huge Mountain and then all of the sudden noise from the kids at night no longer seems like noise, time together is precious, forgiveness and repenting seem important.  It then goes back to when the daughter is a baby and goes through her life clear to her wedding day.  It is important to love all no matter what and to show that love, It really touched our hearts.  We are grateful for our little family and this awesome memory we are making.

The budget for the day is as follows:
Oregon Vortex-$32.62
Quiznos-$15.16
Shakes$16.22
Dinner-$5.00
Hotel-$68.74
Total-$137.74

Families Forever-priceless


                                Picture taken at the Medford, OR Temple grounds!!



                                            We made it to the Oregon Vortex!


Sam and Sariah rolling the chapstick down hill in the House of Mystery, Sariah confused about why it is coming back to her

                         Nathan and the kids walking out of the house of mystery!!



Compare Sam and Sariah's heights in these two pictures, it is very strange!!





               Picture taken in front of Oregon Capitol in Salem, it was very hot that day!

                                 Picture of the boys at the Portland, Oregon Temple!

                        Sariah at the Portland Temple, notice she has her pink phone!!


            Samuel and Sariah having fun on the grass outside the Portland visitor center!!

                         Spending time together at the river in Vancuver, Washington.


                               Playing a fun game of duck duck goose by the river!!

No comments:

Post a Comment