Monday, August 27, 2012

First Day of School!!

It is official, Timothy started Junior High today.  It is amazing how fast time goes, I can still remember bringing him home from the hospital to our little apartment in Provo.  It is kind of sad seeing them all grow up.  The Junior High starts at 7:11 am so he is picked up by a friend at 6:45.  He had been ready and waiting for a while.  It was a nice sight to walk into the kitchen with him studying the scriptures and reading the New Era.  He has really changed.  It was funny because Sam was ready to go an hour early and couldn't wait.  It was nice spending time with him and Sariah.  After getting Sam to school, Sariah and I went to the store to get the cupboards stocked for the week.  It was funny because Nathan's favorite song "Good to be alive" by Jason Gray came on this morning.  It is one of those songs we should all listen to and apply to our own lives.  Everytime Nathan hears it he is moved to tears and action in his own life, I try to do the same.  We are all so blessed to be alive.  Well I think it is back to the chores of the day. 

The kids made it home all in one piece.  It was funny Timothy walked in the door and announced loudly Junior High is Awesome!!  I gave him a hard time about a girl he met that he thought was cute.  Samuel's highlight of the day was sitting next to his good friend Weston, we'll see how long the teacher lets that last.  I was happy to hear that Sam scored advanced on state testing in both reading and math.  He only missed one question in math!!  We then had to have a family home evening lesson on jealousy and being happy for eachothers accomplishments. I was also happy that Timothy had homework on the first day.  We played Wii bowling for our activity and some friends stopped by and brought the treat.  Nathan has headed off for an 830 pm softball game and the kids are melting down, need I say any more.     

No comments:

Post a Comment