August 7, 2012
We got out of the house today at a slower speed then expected, 9:30 am is late for us. We started the day off by getting gas and airing up the tires. Sariah was wanting to get a little cranky until we got to the hills on Old woman springs road, I think she believed she was on a roller coaster in Disneyland. I sat in the back seat with her,so Sam could sit in the front with his dad, his day wasn't going very well either. Sariah asked were we were going and I told her Vacation, she replied with "AGAIN" with an excited voice. We made it to Kramer junction for our first stop, the kids and Nathan all out voted me so we had Subway for lunch over Astro burger. I believe Sams day started out rough because of lack of sleep he slept from Bakersfield until our destination in Riverbank, for a total of over three hours. I drove from Kingsburg Until about 30 minutes from our destination so Nathan could Nap. I handed the driving over to him when the 99 freeway in Turlock turned into a rat race. We couldn't get over all the growth and population.
We were able to go see Nathans cousin and his family in Riverbank. They have 3 kids like us, but opposite 2 girls and then 1 boy. The kids had fun playing together. It was funny watching them before dinner around the pool, trying to get in but knowing they had to wait until after dinner. We were able to spend several hours with them. The kids loved swimming, talking and playing, they had fun!! It was fun catching up with them and finding out about there family and jobs. We headed to the hotel in Modesto and were able to get the kids settled down by 10:30. We were all tired after a 420 mile day. We are looking forward to the A's against the Angels game, we will be wearing our Angel gear. I will let you all know how that goes!!
Budget for the day:
Subway- $15.00
Hotel-$55.00
Total:$70.00
Spending time with family- PRICELESS
No comments:
Post a Comment