Wednesday, August 22, 2012

First Full Day Home!

                                                                                                       August 22, 2012

I'm sure you have all heard the saying "theres no place like home."   After all our time away from home I must say I agree.  It was funny because when we got home Sam was convinced we had a brand new home, because it looked nicer and bigger.  I think two weeks in hotel rooms makes our little house look like a mansion.   It took the entire rest of the day to unpack and get settled in.  I think I have never felt so tired in my life.  Looking back on this summer I have to say this has been the best family summer ever!! 

Today has gone by very quickly.  We spent the entire morning down at the Junior High School, yes our little Tim is in Junior High.  I went to orientation with Tim while Nathan took the other two to a meeting he had.  I told Tim that the more he didn't want me to volunteer, the more I would make sure to volunteer.  The principal knows Nathan from their track days together and encourages parent involvement especially when the kid doesn't want it.  We were able to get his schedule, p.e. clothing and books.   He was excited to be placed in all honors classes.  We were a little baffled as to why he is in advanced band and will be fixing that since he only plays piano.  It's funny because his honors English teacher had Nathan as a teacher.  I told Nathan that he is officially old!!! 

Timothy was nice and watched the kids for the entire afternoon so that I could go help Nathan get his classroom set up.  He is somehow convinced that I make it more exciting.  I think this is now 12 years of setting up his classroom.  After that I took the little two to the dentist to get their teeth cleaned and to find out why Sam still doesn't have his two front teeth.  It is still a mystery, I have to go to a pediatric dentist to get more advice.  We were then able to go by the school and see who Sam's teacher will be, he was excited to see that he was in the same class as his good friend.  Timothy's swim activity on base was cancelled because of all the rain.  It is amazing how much it has been raining since we got home.  I am so glad to be home and am looking forwards to getting back into a daily routine with the kids.  It has been nice to have a sit down family dinner and scripture study in our own home the last two nights.  And before I forget  to mention again it is NICE TO BE HOME!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment