Saturday, September 1, 2012

Friday Family night!

                                                                                                August 31, 2012


We made it through a full first week of school.  The kids loved their teachers and had a very enjoyable great week.  Sariah and I spent Friday morning helping a lady from our church run her errands and do her shopping, Sariah was very helpful.  The kids came home and were excited to know it was the weekend!! I decided to take Sariah with me to drop Nathan off for a meeting he had at the school to train the AVID tutors.  While he was in the meeting I took Sariah with me to about five homes delivering baby gifts and cheerful cards.  At one of the houses the baby girl is only a week old and so adorable.  It was kind of sad for me because she was wearing the exact same outfit Sariah wore her first week home and she had the dark hair as well.  So I am holding this baby and watching my little grown up blond girl right in front of me.  I thought I would never say this, but I am sad Sariah has grown up on us.  I love the opportunity I have to help all my fellow sisters when they are having babies.  It has been such a great experience, I have really been able to help some of them who just need to talk, and I can be very empathetic.  After picking Nathan up we decided to go to the football game with the kids.  We took dinner with us and had a great time even though we won 56-0.  The kids had fun playing with some new friends.  It was funny because Timothy's personal finance teacher was there so I was able to meet him and his wife.  I was excited that he is using the Dave Ramsey curriculum.  I spent the whole time talking to his wife about gardening, canning, coupon clipping, shopping around and saving money.  We hit it off and the kids had fun with their kids.  I am looking forward to a fun weekend at DISNEYLAND!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment